DIY Cowrie Shell Trimmed Tank Tops
Get inspired by lazy Mexico daze with this do it yourself shell-trimmed tank.
We love a good Sayulita bracelets we’re putting our beachcombing finds to good use.
Paired with our Rockers Life Muscle Tank, we’re adorning our tanks to our hearts content with cowrie shells.
Easy for a novice but long enough to keep you bound to the sea…you’ll sea!
You just need these 5 things:
1. Lay out your muscle tank and place your cowrie shells in desired locations along the arms and collar of your shirt. This is an important step so you know how many you need for the design.
2. Set aside cowrie shells in piles on your Mexican blanket to use shortly.
3. Thread your needle. You can double up the thread and knot at the end for additional strength when sewing down your shells.
4. Starting from the inside of your shirt, poke a hole through the shirt and through the middle of your shell.
5. Secure the shell by poking back through the top of the shirt & pull tightly to fasten the shell in place.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 to fasten down the opposite side of the shell.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 and continue down the shirt!
8. Once you’ve completed one side of the shirt, it’s time to start on the next!
Now that you’ve finished your masterpiece, it’s time for a dip…all you need is a bikini, a fun wave & a sunset to feel totally at ease.