Travel Diary: Northshore
We are finally getting around to posting our travel diary from this past December at Pipe Masters. It's one of our favorite times of year, when the entire Billabong Family comes together under one roof. Our athletes got to enjoy 3 weeks of some R&R, barbecues, KK's cooking, and cruising around to find fun waves. Scroll through our photo diary from this past trip + make sure not to miss some special tips from Oahu Native, Alessa Quizon.
Not everyone has 3 weeks to explore Ohau, so local, Alessa Quizon created a 24 hour itinerary & map that includes all of her favorite things to do (most of them pictured above).
A few more tips from the girls:
- Rocky Point - Goofy-footers, Ellie-Jean & Frankie love this left.
- Jump of the rock at Waimea Bay. Good hiking here too!
- Bike the North Shore trails.
- Beach Park - Lindsay loves surfing this fun and friendly wave.
- Watch the sun set at Sunset beach for best results.
- Go bodysurfing and tanning at Ke Iki beach.
- Tour the Waialua Soap Factory
- Skydive - Courtney went this last time and loved the view!
- Macadamia Nut Farm - do some taste testing!
And of course our favorite places to EAT:
- Get the best Acai bowl from the yellow bus right across the street from the Billabong house at off the wall.
- Haleiwa Cafe for breakfast.
- Pupukea Grill for lunch - Frankie suggests the spicy tuna bowl with avocado yummm
- Foodland - pricey but worth it says Alessa.
- Ted's Bakery - Ellie-Jean loves the breakfast roll, but you should get a haupia pie just to say you've tried it!
- Lei Leis for dinner
- Opal Thai Food - One of Frankie's favorites! She suggests letting them order for you.
- Kahuku Superette - Courtney's favorite poke spot.