Galentines DIY: How to Throw a Dessert Party
Galentine’s Day DIY: How to Throw a Dessert Party
Need some last-minute Galentines Day inspiration? We got you covered with this easy-to-prep DIY Galentine’s inspired bar cart. Learn how to throw a Galentine’s Day Dessert Party & sweeten up your guests by our simple DIY guide!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and whether you’re single or attached, we think it’s the perfect time to celebrate your adoration for the ones who always got your back – making decisions from what shoes to what dudes easier – your ladies! Planning a get-together with your gals doesn’t need to feel as intimidating or time-consuming anymore. You can finally be the hostess with the mostest at your Galentine’s Party with this festive bar cart, thanks to our Galentine’s DIY: How to Throw a Dessert Party.
Here are 6 helpful guidelines to decorating your DIY Galentine’s Day Bar Cart:
1. Make the Bar Cart the Galentine’s Dessert Party Focal Point
2. Let’s Talk Décor
4. Tasty Sweets & Treats
5. Forever and Always, Flowers
6. Give Gold Accessories a Go
The best part about this Galentines DIY: How to Throw a Dessert Bar Cart is you can custom your bar cart to your own personal style and vibe! So happy decorating – we wish you a very happy Galentine’s Day! Remember, today is about ladies celebrating ladies so treat yourself and your local girl gang. X O X O.
1. Make the Bar Cart the Galentine’s Dessert Party Focal Point - It’s always all about the décor. When building this Galentine’s Day Bar Cart, I wanted to make it be the focal point of my tiny apartment. You don’t have to decorate your whole place to be festive, just pick on corner and decorate away.
2. Let’s Talk Décor – Choosing the color scheme is crucial for an adorable bar cart outcome. Before you look into the cute products you want to include on your bar cart, you must decide on a color scheme. Since we are celebrating Galentine’s Day, we chose to go with gold and hues of pink – but reds, silvers and whites would definitely work for this holiday, too!
3. Add the Bubbly – Next up – drinks! Bar carts were made to carry drinks, spirits, wines and more, and this Galentine’s Day celebration is no exception. We suggest choosing simple white or pink sparkling champagne. If you are not using alcohol, like us, we went with fruit juices that aligned with our Galentine’s Day colors (to stay true to our color scheme of course) - so grapefruit juice, strawberry juice, etc.
We also wanted a fresh, lighter item for our gals to throw in their drink if they choose, so we cut some strawberries & placed them next to our drink section. It’s not only a yummy fruit, but the perfect addition to our Galentine’s Day Bar Cart with its color and sweetness.
4. Tasty Sweets & Treats - No Galentine’s Day party is complete without sweets! From chocolates to cupcakes to cookies the options are endless. We decided to go with mini donuts for their easy-to-eat size! Donuts are great option because they can be eaten at a Galentine’s Day brunch for a sweet breakfast treat or later in the day for dessert!
But let’s not forget about the candy for our Galentine’s Day bar cart! We went fully festive here and basically grabbed every pink heart-shaped candy we could find! We put pink, red and white M&Ms and chocolate kisses in clear candy jars (so you could see the pink pops of color through the glass) for our guests to nibble on.
A creative, colorful way we elevated and separated the M&Ms and chocolate kisses was by layering a red or pink shade of crumbled tissue paper between each candy type. Not only did this separate the treats, but added a colorful vibrancy to the Galentine’s Day Bar Cart.
Last but not least, we sprinkled conversation hearts across the bar cart – mostly for decor, but for snacking, too!
5. Forever and Always, Flowers - Let’s add a light, fresh element to this Galentine’s Bar Cart with a beautiful bouquet of flowers! Not only will the florals make your apartment smell great but they will make your gals feel even more special and right at home. Flowers are a must every day of the year, but especially when celebrating your girl gang on Galentine’s Day.
6. Give Gold Accessories a Go - Because, why not add a little sparkle to your DIY Galentine’s Day Bar Cart. It’s important to keep the gold to pink ratio just right, and we think you can never have enough shine. So when it comes to tassels and confetti, we say the gold-er the better! It’s the little details that really round out your bar cart, so there’s no such thing as too many trinkets! Add paper mache hearts, tassels, sparkles and more for extra pop.